Monday, February 20, 2017

The Little Things



It never ceases to amaze me how swiftly God takes care of things. Even the little things. 

Things we didn't even realize we were in need of.

Life demands so much of us and when these demands get too heavy, we often turn to God and demand that He solve our problems immediately.

More often than not, our requests are not fulfilled the second we ask them. It may take days, months or perhaps even years for some of our questions to be answered.

But I'm beginning to believe there's a reason for little things like a free meal or a free ride coming your way unexpectedly.

It's through the little things that God shows us how faithful He will be in handling the big things.

Keep in mind that God is not a God of little things. He is God who has shown time and time again that He is able to accomplish more than our human minds can even comprehend.

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us. (Ephesians 3:20)

But sometimes as human beings we need a nudge in the right direction. We need a sign to show us that at the end of the day, everything will be okay.

So when God senses that our faith is weaning, He'll send some assurance - whether it be a stranger who pays for our meal when we have no money or a little extra time to get a job done - He'll send us an obvious sign that He is still in control.

It's the little things that always put a smile on my face when I'm feeling spiritually weak.

It's the little things that make me look up and say, "Thank you for staying by my side God!".

It's the little things that cause me to sit back in awe at how wondrous God is.

To know that I serve a God who can meet my needs before I've even stated them is awesome. So I always smile at the little things. Because the little things are simply the big things in disguise.