Tuesday, January 31, 2017

God Found Me (Poem)


I was looking through some of my old writings the other day and I found a poem I’d written when I came back to Christ three years ago. I’ve made a few alterations to it, but I decided to share most of it in its originality to express the happiness I felt when I realized that there is a Savior in heaven who loves me.

It reads:

Your hands reach for mine and the storm calms before my eyes
There is lightning in the sky but I can see the rays of sunlight
Standing in your arms and I know all that I love is protected under your gaze
Kindness few can find and a love that can only be envisioned

I’m grateful for the heaven I see
The life that you have made for me
There is fear in my heart
So I turn to you

And I see that my troubles are nothing compared to your grandness
My heart is safe
Since the moment I was born, I belonged to you
I’ve come back home into your open arms

Kindness few can find and a love that can only be envisioned
I’m grateful for the heaven that has found me
The life that you have made for me
Your grace never ceases to amaze me

This fulfilling love
My heart will never wander again
This beauty is real
And it’s all I want, all I need


I hope you all enjoyed reading it. Have a blessed day. ♥